ACI BAY PLAN
Advance Commercial Information (ACI) requires marine carriers to electronically transmit marine cargo data to the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) 24 hours prior to loading cargo at a foreign port (including the U.S.). If the voyage is less than 24 hours in duration, the cargo and conveyance data must be reported at the time of departure from the foreign port.
Bay plan transmission is a key piece of the overall Canada Border Services Agency’s (CBSA) Advance Commercial Information (ACI) electronic cargo and conveyance reporting initiative for the marine mode of transport. The bay plan, or stowage plan, is a document used by parties in the marine transportation industry to identify all the containers, and their locations on a container vessel. This information is used to plan the loading and discharge of container/cargo for each port.
CBSA will require mandatory advance electronic reporting of bay plan information by the vessel operating carrier for:
1) Container vessels transporting full and/or empty containers
2) Vessels transporting a mix of containers and break-bulk cargo
3) Vessels carrying exclusively bulk or break-bulk cargo are exempt from bay plan reporting
|Secure corporate account.||Security with high availability for enterprise class users.|
|24/7 customer support.||Expert advice and assistance on customs compliance matters.|
|Streamlined and easy-to-use application.||Enjoy efficiency and time savings with less data entry.|
|Multiple plans and connectivity options.||Enjoy cost savings with our selection of plans that fit your organization.|
|Report generation capabilities.||Data helps to track and analyse cargo movements.|
|Notification for ACE B/L match.||Match alert when your ISF data links to the ACE ocean submission.|
|Advanced integration options available.||Data can stream from multiple sources to a single transaction.|
1. A marine carrier is required to have a bonded or non-bonded carrier code to transmit Bay Plan to CBSA. To apply for a carrier code, the first step is to determine if you need a non-bonded or bonded code. For more information, visit http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/services/carrier-transporteur/mc-tm-eng.html.
2. Choose a subscription plan below to complete the GeTS application form along with the EDI Application Form for ACI.
- Includes 6 transactions
- Additional transactions $3 each
- Includes 39 transactions
- Additional transactions $1 each
- Includes 92 transactions
- Additional transactions $0.85 each
- Includes 212 transactions
- Additional transactions $0.70 each
- Includes 907 transactions
- Additional transactions $0.55 each
- Includes 2497 transactions
- Additional transactions $0.40 each
* Includes mailbox for host-to-host EDI/XML integration
- Includes first 5 transactions