GLOBAL TRADE COMPLIANCE / INTELLIGENCE
CONVENTION ON INTERNATIONAL TRADE IN ENDANGERED SPECIES OF WILD FAUNA AND FLORA (CITES)
WHAT IS IT?
The Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) is an international agreement between governments to safeguard certain species from over-exploitation. All import, export, re-export and introduction of species covered by CITES have to be authorised through a licensing system.
GeTS PL.CITES is an online platform that enables the electronic application and approval of CITES licences. Traditionally, the Single Window (SW) portal either integrates the CITES Management Authority functionality as part of a complete solution or require direct interface with the existing Customs Management System (CMS). PL.CITES provides a font-end interface for all stakeholders in the international wildlife trade to obtain the necessary approvals electronically and allows the CITES Management Authority to process online applications. It is unique because it can work as a stand-alone system or easily integrate with third party’s CMS and SW.
WHO SHOULD USE IT?
- CITES Management Authority
- Customs and Other Government Authorities (OGAs)
- International wildlife trade community
- Retailers and manufacturers
- Educational/research institutes
- Zoo and similar establishments
- NGOs involved with conservation work
For CITES Management Authority
- Low deployment cost and short deployment time
- Reliable uptime as GP. CITES is hosted on the cloud
- Easy scalability for future growth and expansion
- Secured managed hosting with stringent security audits
- Better control of licences and species movement in the country
- Total ownership of data
- Exchange of data with other countries’ CITES Management Authorities
- Exchange of data with other government systems for trade facilitation
- Affordable subscription model
- Availability of service anywhere, anytime
- Instant licence availability upon arrival